Before you apply for support from the Wisconsin Energy Foundation, make sure that your organization or project is eligible.
Eligible projects/organizations are:
- A qualified charitable, not-for-profit 501(c) (3) tax exempt organization, per Internal Revenue Service Code guidelines.
- Located in a community served by We Energies.
- Focused on a funding area:
Workplace giving campaigns
We conduct annual workplace campaigns to garner employee support for the arts and culture, and for health and human services. Company campaigns include the Arts Fund, which includes the United Performing Arts Fund, and United Way.
Frequently asked questions
Learn answers to frequently asked questions.
Ineligible organizations and program
Grants generally are not made for the following purposes:
- Trips, tours, pageants, team or extra-curricular school events, and student exchange programs
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- Political action or legislative advocacy groups
- Veterans or fraternal organizations
- Programs with a purpose that is solely athletic in nature
- Organizations located outside the geographic boundaries of our service territory, except to fund a specific project that is delivered directly to our customer communities
- Organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax-exempt under 501(c)(3).
- The WEC Foundation Board reserves the right to determine eligibility.