Awards and recognition
- PA Consulting Group — We Energies won the 2013 ReliabilityOne™ National Reliability Excellence Award from PA Consulting Group for sustained leadership, innovation and achievement in electric reliability. The company also received a ReliabilityOne Award for the ninth time in the past 12 years for outstanding electric reliability performance in the Midwest region. All utilities operating electric delivery networks in North America are eligible to be considered for the award.
- Platts — Wisconsin Energy retained its distinction as a Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company for 2013, ranking 133rd in overall global performance, up from 139th in 2012. Since 2000, Platts has ranked energy companies’ financial performance globally, regionally and by industry sector. Platts’ rankings are based on four metrics – asset worth, revenues, profits and return on invested capital. All companies on the list have assets greater than U.S. $4 billion. The financial information comes from a database compiled and maintained by S&P Capital IQ, a Standard & Poor’s business, which, like Platts, is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc.
- J.D. Power — We Energies ranked second in the Midwest region for overall customer satisfaction of residential electric customers, according to the J.D. Power 2013 Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study. The study measures customer satisfaction with electric utility companies by examining price, communications, customer service, corporate citizenship, billing and payment, and power quality and reliability. We Energies ranked first in the Midwest for power quality and reliability.
- American Gas Association — The organization named We Energies as a safety award winner for its outstanding record for employee safety, motor vehicle safety and accident prevention.
- Arbor Day Foundation — We Energies was selected for the 15th straight year as a Tree Line USA Utility. The award, sponsored by the National Arbor Day Foundation in cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters, recognizes the company's efforts in providing dependable, reliable service, while using best-practice vegetation management techniques. The award for utilities has three requirements: a program of quality tree care, annual employee training in quality tree-care practices, and tree planting and public education programs.
- Corporate Responsibility magazine — The magazine recognized Wisconsin Energy Corporation as one of the 100 best corporate citizens in the United States for the sixth consecutive year. The publication evaluates approximately 1,000 publicly held companies on the basis of environmental performance, employee relations, philanthropy, finance and governance. For the fifth time, Corporate Responsibility Magazine also placed Wisconsin Energy among the top ranked companies in the category of corporate governance.
- Wellness Council of America — The council chose We Energies for its Well Workplace Gold Award. The company has been an award-winning Well Workplace for the past 12 years, first earning bronze, then silver status — and gold twice. Awards are bestowed for a three-year period. The Well Workplace Award is a national designation for employers that have implemented corporate health initiatives to improve the health and wellness of their employees. Through this award, We Energies retains its place on the council’s list of America’s Healthiest Companies.
- J.D. Power — We Energies ranked highest among large utilities in the Midwest Region in the J. D. Power and Associates 2013 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study. This was the first time in company history that We Energies captured the top ranking. The 2013 study was based on interviews with representatives of more than 25,700 U.S. businesses that spend at least $250 monthly on electricity. More than 90 utilities, serving a total of more than 11.7 million business customers, were included in the study. Overall customer satisfaction was measured by examining six factors: power quality and reliability, billing and payment, corporate citizenship, price, communications and customer service. J. D. Power and Associates news release.
- Institutional Investor magazine — The magazine again named Gale Klappa, Wisconsin Energy chairman and CEO, to its All-America Executive Team.