Awards and recognition
- The Orton Spanley Award from the American Concrete Institute-Wisconsin Chapter went to Bruce Ramme, We Energies principal engineer, for his work on the use of coal combustion products and service to the concrete industry.
- We Energies won Computerworld magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology award.
- The Energy For Tomorrow® renewable energy program was ranked among the Top Ten Green Pricing Programs in the country by the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Lab.
- The We Energies Presque Isle Power Plant earned Clean Corporate Citizen Designation from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.
- Wisconsin Energy won the Ellis Island Medal of Honor Award from the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations Foundation, Inc.